Common rodents that Pennsylvania residents might encounter are Norway rats, house mice, and field mice. Norway rats are a large species, about 9 ½ inches long, with brown fur and black hair. House mice are small, between 2 ½ to 3 ½ inches long, with a light brown or gray coat. Field mice are 3 to 4 inches long with darker brown to gray fur.
While both mice and rats are common home-invading pests, you will likely never have both at the same time because mice tend to avoid rats. This is because rats are known to attack and kill mice as they are both territorial critters.
As a Pennsylvania resident, you should understand what you are up against regarding rodents and how the experts can assist you.
What Can Happen If Rodents Infest?
When rodents get into any residential home, they can cause many problems, from health concerns to property damage.
Health concerns caused by rodents include:
- Spreading of pathogens that cause rat-bite fever, salmonella, hantavirus, tularemia, leptospirosis, and more
- Spreading of parasites such as fleas and ticks
- Contaminating food and surfaces
- Causing allergies and asthma
Property damage that rodents cause is often the first sign of a problem. These signs include:
- Chew marks on food packaging, furniture, and other items. Rodents can chew through many materials such as wood, insulation, drywall, and plastic.
- Discovering nests that have been built out of materials from your home.
- Finding urine, feces, and grease marks that have been left around the house.
- Seeing small holes appear in the exterior of your home.
Other problems rodents can cause are fire and flood hazards when they chew through wires and pipes. Overall, rodents are a dangerous pest to have in any home, and getting rid of them can prove to be just as tricky.
How Do People Handle A Rodent Infestation?
Many people choose to take care of rodent infestations on their own because there are so many baits and traps readily available over the counter. To combat these rodents, it seems easy enough to place traps where you think they are active and use baits to draw them out of your Pennsylvania home. But the truth is, these control methods are costly and ineffective.
While you might be able to catch or kill a few rodents, there are twice as many that you don’t see. This means that the infestation won’t get any better as they are quick at reproducing. Not to mention, it can be dangerous to handle these store-bought rodent control products if you don’t know how to administer them.
Instead of risking the time, the money, and the stress that the do-it-yourself (DIY) rodent control will cost you, turn to the professionals we know what it takes to handle these dangerous pests.
Why Is Professional Pest Control The Best For A Rodent Infestation?
As you can see above, DIY rodent control is ineffective, costly, and can be dangerous. The most effective and safest way to get rid of rodents is to contact the BHB Pest Elimination for their Rodent Exclusion Work professionals.
We understand how challenging rodents are when they infest a residential property. We offer targeted rodent control methods that work. When you hire BHB Pest Elimination Services, you can expect:
- A free inspection allows us to determine what rodents you are dealing with, how they are getting into your home, and where they are hiding.
- Customized treatments that can include trapping, bait stations, BurrowRX, exclusion, and sanitation. We will perform the services that you need so your home and family are safe from this pest.
- Follow-up appointments can occur weekly or bi-weekly after the initial treatment to reset traps, service bait stations, and remove the rodents.
So don’t wait; contact us today at BHB Pest Elimination Services to hear more about how we can help you on your Pennsylvania property