Why Do I Have a Fabric Pest Problem?
Most often, fabric pests find a way inside a home or other structure inside an item already infested with their eggs or larvae. Fabric pests move inside homes on furniture, clothing, boxes, and rugs. When the eggs hatch, they begin feeding on the materials, damaging them in the process.
Where Will I Find Fabric Pests?
You'll usually find fabric pests in dark, undisturbed areas; most avoid artificial lighting. Some of their most common hideouts include:
- Floors and baseboards
- Cardboard boxes
- In or beneath upholstered furniture
How Do I Get Rid of Fabric Pests?
Get rid of fabric pests with the help of BHB Pest Elimination; we know how frustrating these pests are to deal with. To combat fabric pests, we offer a variety of pest control options that will meet the unique needs of any New York home or business owner. We are committed to not just controlling fabric pests but eliminating them! To learn more about our residential or commercial pest control services in New York and New Jersey, call BHB Pest Elimination today.
How Can I Prevent Fabric Pests in the Future?
Let our professionals help you control fabric pests through our professional home pest control and commercial pest control services, and with the following fabric pest prevention tips:
- Professionally clean your carpets, upholstered furniture, and curtains.
- Regularly vacuum and dust your home to remove hair, dust, dead insects, and other debris fabric pests feed on.
- Do not store clothing, blankets, and similar items inside cardboard boxes or cedar chests. Instead, place them inside pest-proof boxes or bags.
- Keep closets, basements, and other storage areas free of clutter.
Expert Team Today