Why Do I Have a Cockroach Problem?
Simply put, you have a cockroach problem because your property offers them food, shelter, or moisture. Like any living thing, cockroaches prefer areas that supply them with their basic needs. Things like open trash containers, leaky pipes, excessive moisture, crumbs, and spills, are all things cockroaches will use to their advantage. Once inside your home, cockroaches are difficult to control and eliminate. They hide in out-of-the-way areas and breed quickly.
Where Will I Find Cockroaches?
Heat and humidity attract our area’s most common cockroaches. Both German and American cockroaches live successfully inside of our homes and businesses. German cockroaches are mainly indoor pests, and American cockroaches regularly move indoors while searching for food or better living conditions.
Some of the most common areas you will find cockroaches living inside of any home or business include:
- Utility rooms
- Laundry rooms
How Do I Get Rid of Cockroaches?
If you are looking for a long-term solution to your cockroach problem, reach out to the professionals at BHB Pest Elimination. We know how frustrating and worrisome a problem with cockroaches can be. Experts in the pest control industry since 1969, we are dedicated to maintaining pest-free properties in New York and beyond. Our professionals work closely with our customers to meet their unique pest control needs. Our commitment is not to control cockroaches but to eliminate them! If you would like to learn more about our cockroach control services, call us at BHB Pest Elimination today.
How Can I Prevent Cockroaches in the Future?
- Vacuum your floors and wipe down tables daily to reduce crumbs and food debris in your home.
- Store your family’s food and pet food in sealed containers or the refrigerator.
- Keep roaches out by inspecting the outside of your home and sealing up any cracks in the foundation and exterior walls that you find.
- Place door sweeps on exterior doors so roaches can’t move through gaps under doors.
- Inspect potted plants, appliances, furniture, and deliveries for roaches before bringing them into your home.