Why Do I Have a Pantry Pest Problem?
The most common way pantry pests move into our homes is inside stored products purchased from the store already infested with pantry pest larvae or eggs. Once inside your house, the larvae eventually develop into adults, and then the new females lay their eggs on dry goods stored in your home, continuing the infestation. Sometimes adults will enter indoors on their own, moving inside through spaces around windows and doors or other openings they find.
Where Will I Find Pantry Pests?
Pantry pests are problematic inside homes, grocery stores, restaurants, food storage facilities, pet stores, and anywhere food handling and storage occurs. Pantry pests most commonly invade our kitchen and pantry areas in our homes.
Examples of stored foods pantry pests commonly invade:
- Flour and cornmeal
- Dry pet food
- Dry spices and dry herbs
How Do I Get Rid of Pantry Pests?
At BHB Pest Elimination, we provide long-term solutions to eliminate pantry pests from homes and businesses. We understand how frustrating pest problems are and will work closely with you to ensure your unique pest problems are eradicated completely. We don’t just “control” pests; we eliminate them! If you are dealing with a pantry pest problem in your New York home or business, reach out to BHB Pest Elimination today, and speak with one of our friendly professionals.
How Can I Prevent Pantry Pests in the Future?
Let our professionals help you control pantry pests through our professional home pest control and commercial pest control services, and with the following pantry pest prevention tips:
- Do not purchase food products with rips or tears in the packaging.
- Avoid buying dry goods, birdseed, and pet food in bulk.
- When coming home, remove food from its original packaging and put it in plastic or glass containers with airtight lids.
- Store dry pet food in a metal container with a locking lid.
- Replace any damaged window or door screens.
- Keep kitchen and pantry areas clean and free of crumbs and other food debris.
Expert Team Today